Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mineral Makeup-is it worth it? And a Review


I've never really been a fan of mineral makeup. I've always thought it was too messy and just a LOT of work. Also, I'm always paranoid of spilling the powder everywhere and wasting all that money. No bueno.

For Christmas, my wonderful hubby bought me this cute 9 pack of mineral shadows from Bare Minerals (so sweet!). The colors are beautiful, but it's really a lot of work to use.
Ok, backtrack a little....several months ago, I joined a group on CafeMom called Beauty Tips & Tricks. (For those of you who are unfamiliar, CafeMom is like a myspace only for moms-and it's not lame, haha).
Anyway, the owner of the group, Laurie, makes her own mineral makeup. It's called MFFX, Mineral Face FX. All the girls in the group are just obsessed with it. I looked at her website, and she has soooooooooo many colors. She also has liner, foundation, concealer, primer, blush, etc. So after a few months of seeing these girls obsess over her makeup, I decided I should probably place an order. I ordered 3 sample size eye shadows and told her to surprise me with the colors.

O.M.G.

I don't use the word amazing (it's SO overused) but let me tell you. This makeup is uh-MAY-zing!!!! The samples are $2 and you get quite a bit! The colors are just so brilliant and vibrant. The consistency is awesome. So smooth and it goes on so easily.
Needless to say, I'm hooked. I've since ordered more samples and much more to come. She has the fastest shipping I've ever seen..it's really nice to order something and not have to wait 443420349 weeks to get it!

For those of you who keep up with my YouTube channel, you'll know that a while back I did a review on Model in a Bottle. So here is a true test of both MFFX and Model in a Bottle:

This morning I was excited to try out all my new MFFX colors. I settled on a yellow and two shades of green. I LOVED the look I came up with. Subtle but fun. PS. I also used an MFFX color on my lips-very versatile.




Everything's going great, got my eyes all done and I'm putting on my mascara and BAM- I realize I forgot to prime my eyes. No bueno!!! I have really oily lids, and even when I DO use a primer, I have a hard time getting my makeup to last all day. ( I hate doing touch ups.) So after a string of profanities, I did double time with my Model in a Bottle. I crossed my fingers that it worked.



Model in a Bottle




Guess what?

It's now 3:33 pm. I've been at work all day. I had a major workout/dance session. I chased my son around the house for an hour on my lunch break. I sweated my ass off. MY MAKE UP IS STILL ON. Holy freaking cow! I can't believe it!

So there you have it folks. A kick ass review for MFFX and Model in a Bottle.

And just to clarify, I haven't been compensated at all in any way for these reviews. It's just so nice to happen upon good quality products.


You can find Model in a Bottle HERE.
And you can find MFFX HERE.

Much love and many kisses,
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! This is exactly how I feel about MFFX!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl u took the words right out my mouth! Couldnt have said it better! Great job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyes look amazing LOL. ok I was going to say beautiful but I couldn't resist...

    I love mineral make up and Always waste a little. I don't spill it. When I' m in a rush I sometimes forget to tap the brush into the jar so that the excess is tapped off. This only happens with the foundation though. I'm usually good with the eye colors.

    I am going to check out Laurie's makeup for some eye shadows (I'm fully stocked on the other stuff). What's her website address?

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle,
    Laurie's website is www.mineralfacefx.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your eyes, its pretty amazing and fascinating. It seemed that you used natural cosmetics which made your eye more attractive than ever.

    ReplyDelete