Monday, April 5, 2010

Ideas Galore!

It's been so long since I've made a new blog post! Things have been uber busy lately, I'm sure a lot of you can relate...

So I have so many ideas for tutorials, I'm just having trouble finding the time to do them...here are some that I have planned:

  • A yellow smokey eye look
  • Barbie Doll
  • Red Rose
  • Avant Garde Wedding: Snow White
  • Purple & Yellow F.U.N.

That's just a handful.

I find myself getting inspiration from colors. Mostly from things you can find in nature that have cool color combos-and I also get some inspiration from my husband, with him being a tattoo artist, he gives me great ideas for colors.
For those of you who are creative artistic individuals, where do you get your inspiration?

I'm going to add a few videos that I've done recently, some of you may not follow my youtube channel, so you can see it here, too :) (Check back this evening, I'm typing this from a different computer, so I don't have the videos saved to this one!)


Beauty Bomb of the Day: Eyebrows!

I also wanted to touch on eyebrows today. This seems to be a source of much frustration for many people. It's way too easy to over pluck, under pluck, and lose those suckers all together.

I'm going to give you some tips so you can get an idea of how to get the basic shape you should have. (I have to add, though, going to a professional always helps!)

You will need: One long long eyebrow comb/brush, tweezers, small eyebrow scissors (I use cuticle scissors), and any color eyeliner/brow liner
To get started, take the brush (you can also any long handled brush or a pen/pencil)

  • Hold the brush vertically to the side of your nose, where it meets the eyebrow. This is where your brow should begin-Make a mark so you can remember the spot
  • Now keeping the brush at the base of your nose, angle until it is in line with your pupil; this is where your arch should be. Again, make a dot or a line.
  • Finally, keeping the brush against your nose, angle it until it is in line with the outside of your eye; this is where the brow should end. Now mark your spot

Now wasn't that easy??

See your dots you've made? Pluck any stray hairs that come past those marks. For the dot on your arch, pluck underneath, following the natural arch of your brow-be careful, it's better to underpluck than overpluck.

If I were you, I would stay away from plucking above your brow, unless your very confident. It's way too easy to over pluck above your brow and completely lose the shape!

Now take your brow brush/comb thingy and comb your brows downward. Trim any long hairs. Now comb them upwards and do the same!
You can now take a brow shadow or pencil and lightly fill in your brows!!





I hope everyone has had an awesome Easter weekend

Let me know if you have any requests!!!

Lots of Love and Oodles of Kisses,
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. w00t! for new ideas and thanks for eyebrow guide...god knows i need it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no hair that grows on top to where I can attempt to arch my eyebrows....and it really pisses me off! But thanks for the tip love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danyell- All eyebrows are shaped differently, some people have brows that are more straight, think Kristin Stewart or Natalie Portman :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the guide I needed that badly lol!

    ReplyDelete