Friday, March 5, 2010

My advice to you...

Today I have two bits of advice for you.

1. When applying false lashes...do NOT get the glue on your eyelashes. If you do, please get that crap off before it dries!

I tell you this because I got some on both of my lashes the other day and did not realize it until I took them off that evening. Let me tell you, it is a pain in the arse to get it off! I used makeup remover, moisturizer, my fingernails...and it still took me nearly 2 days to get it out of my lashes! I felt and looked ridiculous! Beware my friends, this stuff can be treacherous!

2. There are no rules in makeup. You should not listen if someone says something can "never" be done or should "always" be done. There is no right or wrong way to apply your makeup! Sure there are things you should probably do to make something look better, but ultimately, it comes down to you feeling good about yourself.

Remember when you were never supposed to pluck above your eyebrows?
Or what about blue eyeshadow?


In the words of Kevyn Aucoin, one of the Great Makeup Artists: "Makeup should be fun, not fascist."

These are my thoughts for today. Hopefully you take (at least the second portion) to heart and have FUN with your makeup! Be original! Be creative! But above all, be you.

Kisses and Hugs,
Sarah (and peewee)

No comments:

Post a Comment