Thursday, March 11, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect.....Sometimes.

I had a new challenge this week. Create a Mardi Gras mask using only makeup (or accessories; jewels, feathers, whatnot).

Needless to say, I was super freakin' excited about this. The deadline is the 12th, tomorrow. So last night was the only night I really had to do this. I started at 9pm and didn't finish until 11.

Do you ever get these great ideas in your head, and they just don't pan out the way you want them to? I do that all the time. I HATE that! I spent about 30-45 minutes doing my mask....and I decided I didn't like it. So I took it off and started over. It still didn't turn out nearly how I wanted it to or how I imagined.

I'd like to think that if I'd had the time to really practice that it would have turned out much better. But I can't really buy that. Sometimes in life there are going to be things you just aren't great at. And I think making a Mardi Gras mask out of makeup may be one of those things for me. That's ok, though. There are still other things I think I'm great at...like being a mommy, and being a good friend and a loving wife. And a hard worker. And I think that makes up for the things that I'm not so great at.

What do you do that totally rocks?

Kisses,
Sarah

P.S.
Here are some pics of my mask :)

1 comment: